Eligible applicants are:
- Local self - government
- Public utility company
- Commercial organization/businesses (Ltd, entrepreneurs)
- Civil society organizations
- Research institutions
* Separate call for individuals will be open on 15 December 2017.
All applicants have to be registered in Serbia, according to national legislation, and individuals have to have Serbian citizenship.
- Applicants can apply independently or in Consortia. If applying in Consortia, the Lead Applicant has to be clearly identified, to represent the Consortia and serve as main point of contact throughout application process. Lead applicant will also be main recipient of the funds vis-à-vis CSUD project resources.
- Applying in Consortia comprised of at least two applicants, one of which is local self-government either as lead applicant or sole beneficiary, will be considered as an asset.
- What is Climate Smart Urban Development Innovation Challenge?
Climate Smart Urban Development (CSUD) Innovation Challenge is a call for proposing a community driven, innovative and cost-effective ideas for reduction of GHG emission created by municipal services and facilities, while simultaneously providing social, economic and environmental benefits for the community and its citizens.
- What are sectors proposed for CSUD Innovation Challenge?
Project idea has to relate to sectors that can contribute to GHG emission reduction, such as: energy, transport, industrial processes, agriculture, waste management.
- I already have project concept. Do I have to apply for Ideation phase?
Applicants that already have developed project concept, as a more mature idea, do not have to apply for Ideation phase, but for the Call for concepts that will be open on March 1, 2018. Please take into consideration evaluation criteria and requirements. Moreover, these applicants will not receive Innovation award after evaluation, but will join best project applicants from Ideation phase and will get technical support through Incubator.
- Which methodology should I use to calculate expected GHG emission reduction?
Applicants can use Tier 1 method, 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories.
- Are there limitations on what the innovation awards may be used for by the winning applicants?
We recommend to applicants to use innovation award for the costs of eligible hardware, consultancy, maintenance and improving of the data management systems. Innovation award should not be used to pay for un-related administrative and overhead expenses, or to compensate existing employees.
- What language does Application form need to be in?
The official language of the competition is Serbian. However, a short Project description has to be in English. If project idea passes technical evaluation, applicant(s) will be asked to submit application form in English.
- How do I submit my Application form?
Application form will be send through the website www.inovacije.klimatskepromene.rs. Please remember to send all the submitted documents in the PDF or JPG version only.
- Who do I contact if I need help?
You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.